Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Creative Space: The Sock Saga Continues

I got all of my beads out last week. I sorted...I looked for inspiration. I even ordered some books. I then moved them back into my Sewing room and pulled out my little size 0 knitting needles and cast on 36 stitches in an attempt to recreate the adult sized socks I made for Grace (Daughter age 8) in a smaller size for my grandson (age 2). I knitted (see the post before the creamed peas and potatoes report) running out of my left over yarn just before the toe. On Tuesday my grandson and I took a trip to the knitting store and I found a lovely blue to finish off his planned but now obviously too small socks. While at the store Grant picked out some yarn for my next pair of socks. he chose a red, white and blue self striping yarn. Now...if I can just work out how to do the math to get socks that are not too big and not too small but just right.

I just spent the evening looking at all of the creative space posts on Kootoyoo's blog. A great feat as there are so many cool ones and I spend ages looking around and linking some up on my favorites list.

4 comments:

  1. wow those socks look so difficult to make but so utterly divine. Good luck with the sizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little sock! Have fun with the Regia - it looks like it will knit up really nicely.

    ReplyDelete